Senior Engineering Technician
By lzannino In On December 19, 2018
Zannino Engineering Inc. has immediate openings for someone excited about the construction of structures and infrastructure. We provide designers, owners and the general public the confidence that their facilities have been built with excellence and will stand the test of time.
The successful candidate will be assigned to construction materials testing on new construction sites in Central Virginia or the Tidewater area. Testing will primarily be performed on soil, concrete and masonry materials and will be expanded to include asphalt, structural steel and Exterior Finishes & Insulation Systems EFIS. The position provides hands on experience working with plans and specifications for every type of new construction activity.
Requirements of the position include accurate documentation of construction activities, detailed review of project plans and specifications and exact implementation of ASTM testing methods. An educational background in soil mechanics and materials science is desired but candidates must possess current certifications with ACI, VDOT soil, concrete or asphalt and NICET LV-II. Hands on training will be provided for technicians in areas where the candidate is not certified with the following expectations.
- We expect that you should be able to perform concrete inspection and testing with 1 day of in-house policy training.
- We expect that you should be able to perform soil testing with 1 day of in-house policy training.
- We expect that you should be able to perform masonry inspection and testing with 2 days of training.
- We train you to help the soil lab manager unassisted with 30 days of training.
- We can train you to assist in concrete laboratory testing with 1 week of training.
- We expect that you should be able to pass ACI re-certification testing when needed.
- We expect that you should be able to pursue additional VDOT certifications after 90 days
- We would like you to perform Windsor Probe, Floor Flatness and other specialty testing with appropriate training.
Send resume to:
Zannino Engineering Inc. .
9915 Greenwood Road
Glen Allen, Virginia 23060
(804) 262-8479 – fax
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com