Entry Level Engineering Technician
By lzannino In On December 19, 2018
Website Zannino Engineering Inc.
Build on our foundation
Zannino Engineering Inc. has immediate openings for someone excited about the construction of structures and infrastructure in Virginia. We provide designers, owners and the general public the confidence that their facilities have been built with excellence and will endure the test of time.
The successful candidate(s) will be assigned to perform construction materials testing on new construction sites in Central Virginia or the Tidewater area. Testing will primarily be performed on soil, concrete and masonry materials and may be expanded to include asphalt, structural steel and Exterior Finishes & Insulation Systems EIFS. The position provides hands on experience working with plans and specifications for every type of new construction activity.
Requirements of the position include accurate documentation of construction activities, detailed review of project plans and specifications and exact implementation of ASTM testing methods. A background in or knowledge of construction and construction materials testing is desired. Special consideration will be given to candidates who possess current certifications with ACI, VDOT soil, concrete or asphalt and/or NICET LV-II. Hands on training will be provided for entry level and experienced technicians for all assignments with the following expectations.
- a) We expect that new technicians should be able to perform concrete inspection and testing with 1 week of training.
- b) We expect that technicians should be able to perform soil testing with 1 week of training.
- c) We expect that technicians should be able to perform masonry inspection and testing with 2 week of training.
- d) We train technicians to help the soil lab manager unassisted with 30 days of training.
- e) We train technicians to assist in concrete testing with 1 week of training.
- f) We expect that technicians should be able to pursue ACI certification after 90 days.
- g) We expect that technicians should be able to pursue VDOT soil certification after 90 days
Send resume to:
Zannino Engineering Inc. .
9915 Greenwood Road
Glen Allen, Virginia 23060
(804) 262-8479 – fax
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com